Pioneer Hall, also known as the old rock church, is located at 1137 West 7800 South and was built in 1867. This historic sandstone building was originally used as a meetinghouse for Mormon pioneers. In 1937 the Archibald Gardner Camp of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers restored the building and renamed it “Pioneer Hall.” It has been used as a dance hall, social center, reception center and a house of worship ever since.
The building is 2,558 square feet and can accommodate about 100 people. It was extensively renovated in 2007. The building has a stage, piano, fully functional kitchen which includes a microwave, stove, oven, refrigerator and sink, and a large open area for seating, dancing, etc. (There are also eight 60" round tables, ten 8' banquet tables, and 100 folding chairs available.) There is no sound system.
To arrange a showing, check availability on the calendar below and email Julie Brown with the date and time you'd like to see the building.
Renting Pioneer Hall
- Check availability on the calendar below.
- Read the Pioneer Hall informational brochure.
- Read the sections of the Facility Use Policy that apply to Pioneer Hall.
- Fill out the Application.
- Return the application, security deposit and fee to the first floor Finance Office in City Hall, 8000 S. Redwood Rd., West Jordan. (See rates below.)
- Four weeks before the event, provide proof of insurance by emailing a certificate to Julie Brown or by bringing it to City Hall. Insurance Requirements
Rates are based on a 1/2 day morning, 1/2 evening and full day rate for resident and nonresident
1/2 day morning 8 a.m.—2 p.m.
1/2 day evening 3:30 p.m.—12 a.m.
Full day 8 a.m.—12 a.m.
1/2 day morning $150
1/2 day evening $200
Full day rate $350
1/2 day morning $180
1/2 day evening $230
Full day rate $380
For more information, email email@example.com
| || |
| Exterior of Pioneer Hall - First Church in West Jordan ||Interior view looking toward stage |