| || ||The Western Stampede has been a West Jordan tradition since 1954 and is held during the week of July Fourth. The event also includes a , Parade, Free movie in the park, and fireworks. |
The steering committee consists of 10 voting members who are appointed by City Council for two-year terms . The committee welcomes community volunteers to assist with many activities during the celebration.
Steve Brower, Chair
Mark Wright (Vice Chair)
Steve Milles (Sponsorships)
Open Position, Secretary Treasurer
Shad Bond (Rodeo)
Nate Gedge (Admissions)
Larry Benson (Marketing)
Marlene Conrad (Royalty)
Kent Owens (Entertainment)
Al Richards (Concessions)
- Rodeo - organize and manage rodeo events including rope & chute events, timed events and bucking chute events.
- Admissions - organize and manage admissions including ushers, box office and security.
- Derby - organize and manage the Demolition Derby including timers, ground officials, inspectors, backside gates and wrecker drivers.
- Marketing - organize and manage all marketing activities including website and other technology-based marketing, sponsor recruitment, hospitality events and benefits, and advertising.
- Queen - organize and manage the selection process for the Western Stampede Royalty including the application process, judging, judge recruitment, crowning events and record keeping.
- Entertainment - organize and manage pre-rodeo and post-rodeo entertainment events including specialty acts and mutton bustin'.
- Concessions - organize and manage all concessions during the rodeo, derby and other Western Stampede activities.
The 2013 Western Stampede PRCA Rodeo will be held July 4, 5 & 6. More information at http://www.westernstampede.com/
| ||Derby questions? Call City Hall at 801-569-5119 |
Picture by Brad Sharp